After a long winter, we can all feel like a holiday is needed come March. And with Easter coming early this year, there is less time than usual to get a holiday in the diary. There are some fantastic destinations that are perfect to visit at this time of year… we have selected five which offer a great blend of sunshine and adventure, ensuring you return home feeling refreshed and invigorated ready for Spring.
To find out more about any of these featured destinations or to discuss alternatives please give us a call on +44 1993 899 430 and we will create a tailored itinerary just for you.
With the monsoon season ending, March is a great time to visit this sun-drenched country. As a bonus, visitor numbers are typically lower before the tourist season really kicks off.
- Kuala Lumpur – Vibrant, bustling and exciting, Kuala Lumpur is a true feast for the senses. Gleaming skyscrapers mingle with mosques and temples. Lush parks are interspersed with mega malls, whilst vendors peddle their wares in street markets. Best explored on foot to ensure you avoid the legendary traffic jams, Kuala Lumpur offers a city experience you won’t forget in a hurry.
- Langkawi – The Island of Langkawi has been described as ‘the ultimate escape’. Warm sea waters and stunning beaches are a real highlight but the island is also home to ancient rainforest, which provides habitat for a plethora of wildlife, including more than 200 bird species.
If searing temperatures are not for you then South Africa is the ideal destination in March. It's the end of the summer but that just means balmy conditions in the low 20’s. Perfect for exploring this amazing country.
- Visit the Wine Region – It's harvest time during February and March making this an interesting period to visit one of the many wine producing regions, such as Stellenbosch, to see the grapes begin their journey to becoming the superb reds that this region is famous for.
- Head on Safari – With the summer drawing to a close many of the tourists will have headed home, making this the time to go on Safari without the crowds. Vegetation is still green but beginning to thin, helping ensure wildlife sightings are easier.
This exotic country is home to some incredible natural beauty and steeped in history. March is one of the best months to visit Vietnam, with the weather being warm and dry after the monsoon season has passed.
- Halong Bay – Designated a World Heritage Site, Halong Bay’s scatter of 1,600 islands is instantly recognisable. Aside from sightseeing from a boat (overnight stays onboard are recommended) there is a plethora of activities to keep you occupied, including fishing, snorkelling, kayaking, trekking and cycling.
- Diving – Warm waters are home to an incredible array of sea life including fish, rays and corals. The untouched waters are home to numerous dive sites, ensuring you are spoiled for choice. With the main dive season starting in March, the timing of your visit couldn’t be better.
March is an excellent time to visit Oman, with average temperatures in the high 20’s, you can explore this fascinating country in comfortable heat.
- Head to the beach – The temperatures at this time of year make for perfect beach weather. With 1,700 km of coast, there is no shortage of superb beaches, many of which are also suitable for swimming and snorkelling from.
- Take a Desert Trip – It would be a shame to visit Oman and not experience the vast deserts which make up the bulk of the country. A popular region, for good reason, is Wahiba Sands, 3 hours from Muscat. Enjoy a range of activities including camel rides and 4x4 safaris.
March is the dry season in Costa Rica and the perfect destination for those who like it hot. Its small size means you can enjoy much that is on offer, even if your trip is only a short one.
- The Wildlife – A truly astonishing array of wildlife call Costa Rica home. Corcovado National Park, thought to be the most biologically diverse place on Earth, is the standout destination for wildlife watching. Expect to see everything from Scarlett Macaws to Pumas and, if you are lucky, even a Jaguar.
- Outdoor Adventures – Enjoy anything from rainforest hikes past volcanos through to surfing, white water rafting, or even ziplining through the canopy of a rainforest. Oh, and the beaches are stunning as well!
Our team is here to help you plan the perfect March getaway. No matter what your idea of a perfect holiday is, we will be delighted to plan it around you and your interests . To find out more about any of these destinations, or others of interest, call us on +44 1993 899 430.
Looking for more suggestions? Our February top picks are still great places to visit in March. Read Where To Go In February for more destination inspiration.