It always seems too early to talk about Christmas (perhaps especially in August!) but rest assured we are not suggesting you go out and buy your presents just yet! What we would recommend though, is deciding where you might want to find yourself for that special time of year. The sooner you book your accommodation, the sooner you will find yourself almost looking forward to Winter, and having the next holiday booked can do wonders for curing any post-Summer holiday blues (trust us, we almost think its an oversight to not have the next holiday booked before you get back from the last!)
Our attention was recently drawn to Monaco, Nice and Cannes, and the idea of celebrating such a festive and exciting time of year with your friends and family in this glamorous Mediterranean (yet not automatically obvious) Christmas holiday setting. A friend of ours spent New Year’s Eve and Christmas there last year and was so amazed by it’s Wintery charm that they wrote to tell us about it.
So we thought the best way to showcase this location and why it would be such a wonderful choice for a 2016 Christmas and to see in 2017 (can you believe it!), would be to put together the following example itinerary.
Christmas & New Year at Villa Eze…
- Arrive at Villa Eze on the 23rd or 24th December. The villa will already be resplendent with a Christmas tree decorated in elegant white decorations (or any colour of your choosing), decorations in each of the bedrooms, a selection of cheeses for the stay from a famous Paris Cheesemonger that supplies most 3 michelin star restaurants in Paris, a well stocked wine cellar (of course!) and a selection of seasonal goodies including foie gras and other seasonal treats.
- If arriving on the 23rd – you would be welcomed with your first dinner in the villa, of a seafood platter, salmon, foie gras and many more local delights.
- If arriving on the 24th – Enjoy Christmas dinner in the Villa with a chef (menu to be agreed in advance). Not only that but special entertainment can be arranged, such as a magician if there are children.
- 25th – Christmas day lunch in Monaco, potentially at Joel Robuchon. Followed by a cheese and wine evening at the Villa, which could include the company of a private sommelier to talk through the evening.
- 26th – Christmas brunch at the Villa prepared by a chef and followed by an evening at the American Bar in Monte Carlo.
- 27th – By now you might be ready for a morning walk around Cap Ferrat, followed by late lunch at African Queen (involving seafood, truffles etc). That evening a light meal of seafood with champagne tasting at the Villa would keep the festivities going at a nice pace or perhaps you might want to venture further out for dinner in Nice
- 28th – Visit Eze Village with a stop at the parfumerie followed by a walk around Cap d'Ail if the weather is nice. That evening you could enjoy dinner at La Petite Maison in Nice.
- 29th – Visit Antibes and Saint Paul de Vence ending the day with dinner in Monaco at Salle Empire, Beef Bar, Buddha Bar and party at Jimmyz
- 30th – Visit Cannes or shop in Monaco or Nice then back to the villa for dinner prepared by a chef or a local dinner at Chateau Eza in Eze Village
- 31st – Start the last day of 2016 with a morning walk around Cap Ferrat, a light lunch at the Villa and preparations for New Year’s Eve. A special dinner will be in order either in one of Monaco’s famous restaurants like Robuchon or a feast in the Villa with oysters, caviar, foie gras, patisseries and gourmet cheeses with special champagnes and wines. You will be picked up around 11pm in order to join in the fun and to celebrate the countdown at Jimmyz
- 1st – Of course this day needs to begin with a lazy morning and a nourishing breakfast in the Villa or a New Year Brunch in Monaco, setting you up for your journey home.
Now being Monaco & the French Riviera this itinerary has enormous flexibility and the potential for many more incredibly glamorous additions. For example you might be tempted to take a helicopter to Chez Bruno for a truffle lunch, or even to go skiing for the day in a nearby resort. The South of France is your oyster so to speak and we would be delighted to organise the Christmas & New Year’s Eve of a lifetime for your there. Please contact us here or call us on 01993 899 430.